Library Card for Students and Staff Members of Cooperating Institutions

If you are a student or staff member of a higher education institution which has signed a cooperation agreement with the University of Mannheim, you can request an ecUM, which serves as your library card, at the information desk in the InfoCenter free of charge.

Cooperating Institutions

Once you have your ecUM and access to your library account (Uni-ID and password), you can

  • book a seat in the subject libraries, access is only possible with previous seat booking
  • borrow items from the Schloss Westflügel Library
  • use the electronic lockers in the libraries
  • print, photocopy, and scan
  • borrow items via the interlibrary loan service
  • access the library’s electronic resources using the library computers
  • connect to the Internet throughout campus using eduroam or using a library computer

How can I apply?

  • Complete, save, print, and sign the Application Form
  • Scan the application form together with your ID card (alternatively your passport with a citizen's registration certificate) and send the documents by e-mail to the university IT support: itsupport(at)
  • Students send their student ID card as well.
  • Staff members of cooperating institutions must have their application form signed and stamped by their employer.
  • You will receive an e-mail with you access data and can now upload a picture for your ecUM in the student portal.
  • An appointment will then be made to pick up your ecUM.
  • Students of the DHBW Mannheim may register via the DHBW Library.

Replacement in case of loss or damage

In case of loss or damage of your ecUM card, please contact the information desk in the InfoCenter. Here you can ask for a new card and block your lost card. We will charge a fee of EUR 15.00 for the replacement.

You can pick up your new ecUM in the InfoCenter from Monday to Friday during the service hours of the University IT.

How Do I Receive Notifications?

  • All notifications such as holds or final notices are sent to your university e-mail address.
  • You can change your address in person only at the information desk in the InfoCenter. Please note that you need to bring a valid ID card or a passport with a citizen's registration certificate in order to change your address.
Schloss Schneckenhof
+49 621 181 2948