Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region
Once you have your library card and your access information (Uni-ID and password), you can
- reserve a seat in the libraries, since a seat reservation is currently required for accessing the libraries
- borrow items at the Central Lending Library Schloss Westflügel, except for the textbook collection
- print, copy and scan
- order items via the interlibrary loan service
- access licensed electronic resources at the library’s computers
- use the lockers
Access to the Internet and the wireless is only possible for members of the university.
How to register
- Please fill in and save the registration form. Please select “Non-University Member” in the “user group” section. When you save your registration, it will be transmitted electronically to the InfoCenter.
- We will inform you by e-mail after max. two working days, where and when you can pick up your library card and your access information. Please bring your ID card or passport and citizen's registration certificate when you pick up your library card and sign the registration form at the information desk.
- Upon registration you have to pay a one-time registration fee of EUR 25. Please pay the fee directly via bank transfer when you pick-up your card. .
Replacement in case of loss or damage
Please contact the information desk in the InfoCenter if your ecUM is lost or damaged. Here you can get a new card and block your lost card. We will charge a fee of EUR 15 for the replacement.
You can pick up your new ecUM at the information desk in the InfoCenter from Monday to Friday during its opening hours.
How do I receive notifications?
- All notifications such as holds or final notices are sent to the e-mail address which you specified in the registration form for non-university members.
- You can only change your address in person at the information desk in the InfoCenter. Please bring your ID card (or your passport and citizen's registration certificate).