Library Card for Members of Cooperating Institutions

You are studying or working at an institution which has a cooperation agreement with the University of Mannheim on the use of its library? In this case you can register online for the ecUM. The ecUM serves as your library card and is free of charge.

  • Cooperating institutions

    These institutions have concluded a cooperation agreement with the University of Mannheim:

    • Absolventum Mannheim (Please choose “Non-University-Member” under “Institutional affiliation” in the registration form.)
    • Alanus Hochschule
    • Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Mannheim
    • Evaluationsagentur Baden-Württemberg (evalag), Mannheim
    • Institut für Deutsche Sprache (IDS), Mannheim
    • University of Applied Sciences Ludwigshafen on the Rhine
    • University of Applied Sciences, Mannheim
    • University of Applied Labour Studies of the Federal Employment Agency (HdBA), Mannheim
    • Mannheim Business School
    • Mannheim University of Music and Performing Arts
    • Heidelberg University
    • Center of Psychological Psychotherapy Mannheim (CPP), Mannheim
    • Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), Mannheim
    • GESIS Mannheim

Once you have your ecUM and your access information (Uni-ID and password), you can

  • reserve a seat in the libraries, since a seat reservation is currently required for accessing the libraries
  • borrow items at the Central Lending Library Schloss Westflügel
  • print, copy and scan
  • order items via the interlibrary loan service
  • access licensed electronic resources at the library’s computers
  • connect to the Internet using eduroam or using a library computer (no Internet access for Absolventum members)
  • use the lockers

How to register

  • Please fill in the registration form, save and print it and then sign it.
  • Please scan the signed form and e-mail it – together with a scanned copy of your ID (or your passport and citizen’s registration certificate) – to the University IT support: itsupport
  • If you are a student, please do also include a scan of your current student ID card.
  • If you are an employee at a cooperating institution, please submit the registration form bearing the official stamp of your institution to prove your employment at this institution.
  • You will receive an e-mail with your access information and can now login at the student portal and can upload a photo for your ecUM. Go to “My services” and use “Photo upload chip card”.
  • Schedule an appointment with the InfoCenter UNIT to pick up your ecUM.

If you are a student at the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University Mannheim, please register via the library of the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University Mannheim.

Replacement in case of loss or damage

If your ecUM is lost or defective, you can apply for a new ecUM via the student portal. Log in with your university ID and password. Under “My Services” you will find “Photo Upload Chip Card” and there the button “Apply for a new ecUM”. The fee for a replacement card is 15 euros.

How do I receive notifications?

  • All notifications such as holds or final notices are sent to your university e-mail address.
  • You can only change your address in person at the information desk in the InfoCenter. Please bring your ID card (or your passport and citizen's registration certificate).




University of Mannheim
University Library
Schloss Schneckenhof
68161 Mannheim